Ben jij eigenlijk voorbereid op het ouderschap en je baby? Dit kun je doen
Basisschoolleeftijd Basisschoolleeftijd

Basisschoolleeftijd

Lees ook op

Brugklas

hallo allemaal.. ik zou willen vragen dat mijn zoon VMBO TL advies heeft gekregen in groep 7. nu kan hij een hoger advies krijgen als hij hoger scoort in groep 8. Voor havo wat zou zijn score moeten zijn. En hoe werkt brugklas, kun je na brugklas naar gymnasium of vwo .

Aliya

Aliya

02-07-2023 om 09:53 Topicstarter

madee schreef op 02-07-2023 om 09:35:

Is een internationale school of tweetalig onderwijs voor je zoon misschien een goed idee? Dat heeft een ander systeem, en houdt rekening met het taalniveau Nederlands. Ook hebben ze dan deels les in Engels. Dan komt zijn talent voor wiskunde denk ik beter tot zijn recht.

Vanuit 'geboren Nederlanders' gesproken ken ik wel voorbeelden van leerlingen die eerst Mavo diploma hebben gehaald, daarna Havo en daarna VWO. Je kan niet van VMBO zo naar VWO, daar zit de Havo nog tussen.

Thankyou for your advies … may I ask what is the process for tweetalig school. His English is very good. And he is already finished with class 8 rekenen and now he is doing wiskunde. He really likes that n does it as an hobby. Begrijpend lezen he doesn’t likes to practice much 

Aliya schreef op 02-07-2023 om 09:53:

[..]

Thankyou for your advies … may I ask what is the process for tweetalig school. His English is very good. And he is already finished with class 8 rekenen and now he is doing wiskunde. He really likes that n does it as an hobby. Begrijpend lezen he doesn’t likes to practice much

Bij tweetalig onderwijs zijn veel lessen en toetsen in het Engels. Nederlands is echter wel op vwo-niveau. Het Engels is in het begin wel erg eenvoudig. 

Ik denk dat jouw zoon met zijn interesses en capaciteiten niet zo goed op het vmbo past. Als jullie het geld hebben zou je toch kunnen kiezen voor een internationale school. Het is goed mogelijk dat hij in het Engels prima scoort op begrijpend lezen en dan dus wel vwo kan gaan doen. 

For how long is your son in the Dutch School System? Is he born abroad? 
Sometimes it is possible to transfer to vwo after havo. Most of the time you have to have an average of 7,5, but it differs from school to school. At my daughters school there are mavo/havo and havo/vwo brugklassen. She has a friend who was in the mavo/havo class and transfered to vwo after brugklas. It’s important to search for schools who teach at the higher level of the two levels (so, in a mavo/havo brugklas, they grade at havo). 
It is also possible to go to vwo after finishing havo. It is not possible to go to gymnasium because gymnasium is vwo with Latin and Greek. At university there’s no education that requires Latin or Greek (except if you want to study Latin & Greek language and culture). 
As someone mentioned: TTO (tweetalig onderwijs) is also an option or international school, the last is very expensive. 

Aliya

Aliya

02-07-2023 om 10:29 Topicstarter

Pief schreef op 02-07-2023 om 10:02:

[..]

Bij tweetalig onderwijs zijn veel lessen en toetsen in het Engels. Nederlands is echter wel op vwo-niveau. Het Engels is in het begin wel erg eenvoudig.

Ik denk dat jouw zoon met zijn interesses en capaciteiten niet zo goed op het vmbo past. Als jullie het geld hebben zou je toch kunnen kiezen voor een internationale school. Het is goed mogelijk dat hij in het Engels prima scoort op begrijpend lezen en dan dus wel vwo kan gaan doen.

U mean to say that we put him in international school in class 8 or after 8… 

Aliya

Aliya

02-07-2023 om 10:31 Topicstarter

SuzyQFive schreef op 02-07-2023 om 10:18:

Sometimes it is possible to transfer to vwo after havo. Most of the time you have to have an average of 7,5, but it differs from school to school. At my daughters school there are mavo/havo and havo/vwo brugklassen. She has a friend who was in the mavo/havo class and transfered to vwo after brugklas. It’s important to search for schools who teach at the higher level of the two levels (so, in a mavo/havo brugklas, they grade at havo).
It is also possible to go to vwo after finishing havo. It is not possible to go to gymnasium because gymnasium is vwo with Latin and Greek. At university there’s no education that requires Latin or Greek (except if you want to study Latin & Greek language and culture).
As someone mentioned: TTO (tweetalig onderwijs) is also an option or international school, the last is very expensive.

Can you please tell me any good school for brugklas in Rotterdam.. when you search online all of them look the same 

Aliya schreef op 02-07-2023 om 09:53:

[..]

I think that you can find the best information at the website of the school. It seems to me that Rotterdam would have one, it is a big international orientated city. I don't live there. I know about international school because of the daughter of someone else, so I don't know the exact details.

Aliya

Aliya

02-07-2023 om 10:35 Topicstarter

SuzyQFive schreef op 02-07-2023 om 10:18:

He was born abroad but he is Dutch schooling system since beginning… he was always smart n has very good general knowledge. I realised later that he needs to score much higher then he was for havo or vwo advies. We started working on him in class 6 but he was D5 in begrijpend lezen then he scored B3 in begrijpend lezen and end of class 7 C4 … so he dropped again. But his yearly average in class tests is 7.6 in begrijpend lezen only he couldn’t do well in Cito and teacher says because of his previous results he can’t be havo.

Aliya

Aliya

02-07-2023 om 10:39 Topicstarter

Aliya schreef op 02-07-2023 om 10:35:

[..]

He was born abroad but he is Dutch schooling system since beginning… he was always smart n has very good general knowledge. I realised later that he needs to score much higher then he was for havo or vwo advies. We started working on him in class 6 but he was D5 in begrijpend lezen then he scored B3 in begrijpend lezen and end of class 7 C4 … so he dropped again. But his yearly average in class tests is 7.6 in begrijpend lezen only he couldn’t do well in Cito and teacher says because of his previous results he can’t be havo.

But my focus is on brugklas or what to do after 8 . And at the moment his mental health is more important… he is disappointed but I told him we will take other route… we will try to contact international school where his father went … may be we can get any place .. for tweetalige as I understood you still need havo I guess.

Which he is not… but we are working on begrijpend lezen as it is important anyway to be able to understand Dutch language.

Ik zie een aantal keer het advies TTO (tweetalig) voorbijkomen. Dat zou ik juist niet adviseren! De eindexamens zijn in het Nederlands en ook na klas 3 zijn veel toetsen in het Nederlands. Als z’n begrijpend lezen niet zo sterk is, ontstaan daar problemen. Ik zou hem juist naar een reguliere school sturen dus. Ik zou op zoek gaan naar een school met een vmbo-t (mavo)/havo-dakpanklas. Dan kan hij doorstromen naar 2 havo als het goed gaat. Meestal mogen leerlingen met een vmbo-t-advies wel starten in zo’n dakpanklas (hier in de regio wel tenminste).

Op de website scholenopdekaart.nl kun je middelbare scholen objectief met elkaar vergelijken (bijvoorbeeld qua slagingspercentages of doorstroomresultaten). 

internationale school kost je natuurlijk wel een rib from your body 🤪

Internationale school en tweetalig onderwijs zijn niet hetzelfde, voor zover ik het heb begrepen (ik kan het natuurlijk mis hebben). Het wordt wel vaak op dezelfde school aangeboden.

Aliya

Aliya

02-07-2023 om 11:01 Topicstarter

-Nienke- schreef op 02-07-2023 om 10:41:

Ik zie een aantal keer het advies TTO (tweetalig) voorbijkomen. Dat zou ik juist niet adviseren! De eindexamens zijn in het Nederlands en ook na klas 3 zijn veel toetsen in het Nederlands. Als z’n begrijpend lezen niet zo sterk is, ontstaan daar problemen. Ik zou hem juist naar een reguliere school sturen dus. Ik zou op zoek gaan naar een school met een vmbo-t (mavo)/havo-dakpanklas. Dan kan hij doorstromen naar 2 havo als het goed gaat. Meestal mogen leerlingen met een vmbo-t-advies wel starten in zo’n dakpanklas (hier in de regio wel tenminste).

Op de website scholenopdekaart.nl kun je middelbare scholen objectief met elkaar vergelijken (bijvoorbeeld qua slagingspercentages of doorstroomresultaten).

My preference is normal Dutch school … not because of tution fees but because i want him to be good in Dutch because we will be living in Netherlands now. And I want him to go the middle bare school where he can do easily by himself… because it will be difficult for me to guide him .

Your question: if he starts at vmbo-t and he gets a diploma after four years, he can then go to havo-4. Gets a diploma in havo-5 and can then go to vwo-5. So eventually he’d have a vwo-diploma after 8 years, with two diplomas in between. 
Schools are no longer allowed (by law) to set all kinds of conditions to go to havo with a vmbo-t diploma, or to vwo with a havo-diploma. They try to, but they’re not allowed. 

Aliya

Aliya

02-07-2023 om 11:48 Topicstarter

AlisonH schreef op 02-07-2023 om 11:18:

Your question: if he starts at vmbo-t and he gets a diploma after four years, he can then go to havo-4. Gets a diploma in havo-5 and can then go to vwo-5. So eventually he’d have a vwo-diploma after 8 years, with two diplomas in between.
Schools are no longer allowed (by law) to set all kinds of conditions to go to havo with a vmbo-t diploma, or to vwo with a havo-diploma. They try to, but they’re not allowed.

And in brugklas ?

Aliya schreef op 02-07-2023 om 10:31:

[..]

Can you please tell me any good school for brugklas in Rotterdam.. when you search online all of them look the same

Sorry, I don’t know the VO Schools in Rotterdam well enough to give you a proper advise. 

But every school has an Open Dag, mostly in Januari. That’s early enough to make a top 3 schools of your (his) choice. Next school year there’s only a one week window to subscribe him to these schools, that will be in march. 

Reageer op dit bericht

Op dit topic is al langer dan 4 weken niet gereageerd, daarom is het reageerveld verborgen. Je kan ook een nieuw topic starten.