Ben jij eigenlijk voorbereid op het ouderschap en je baby? Dit kun je doen
Basisschoolleeftijd Basisschoolleeftijd

Basisschoolleeftijd

Lees ook op

Welke advies

I'm afraid havo/vwo is unrealistic with a C4 for begrijpend lezen, although that does not mean that the potential is not there. To me, as a teacher, what the kid wants is always an important consideration as well (although sometimes it is hard distinguishing between what the kid wants, and what the parents want). Anyway, definitely make sure that your kid knows that whatever the school recommends now is not the final word on his potential or intelligence. And please make sure your kid knows that you love him and are proud of him regardless, and that there are plenty of options regardless of whatever stream suits him best now. 

Always ask what the advies is based on, and ask the teacher to explain and give examples why they think it's the right advies at the moment. Ask if the teacher knows why reading comprehension is challenging for your son, and what the school is doing to support him, and what you can do at home.

Qaneea

Qaneea

27-06-2023 om 14:14 Topicstarter

Renmuis schreef op 27-06-2023 om 14:04:

I'm afraid havo/vwo is unrealistic with a C4 for begrijpend lezen, although that does not mean that the potential is not there. To me, as a teacher, what the kid wants is always an important consideration as well (although sometimes it is hard distinguishing between what the kid wants, and what the parents want). Anyway, definitely make sure that your kid knows that whatever the school recommends now is not the final word on his potential or intelligence. And please make sure your kid knows that you love him and are proud of him regardless, and that there are plenty of options regardless of whatever stream suits him best now.

Always ask what the advies is based on, and ask the teacher to explain and give examples why they think it's the right advies at the moment. Ask if the teacher knows why reading comprehension is challenging for your son, and what the school is doing to support him, and what you can do at home.

I will keep that in mind n ask the questions you have mentioned. His aim was higher n for that he gave his best . But if things didn’t worked out then it’s ok . I will try my best to improve his begrijpend lezen . May be in a fun way or reading the books he likes together. he is little worried but i know it’s just stress of not knowing the advies. N I’m sure teacher knows about his capabilities.. advies would be accordingly. But one question do they also consider overall year performance for the advies or only Cito resultaten?

Reageer op dit bericht

Op dit topic is al langer dan 4 weken niet gereageerd, daarom is het reageerveld verborgen. Je kan ook een nieuw topic starten.